Friday, December 4, 2009

Mo' money



Musician and Movember fundraiser Brock Skywalker deserves a standing ovation. If it wasn't for his motivation, we would've never known what Edmonton Journal cop reporter Ben Gelinas looks like with a furry lip.

Here's how it happened ... at the start of November, Brock sent me an e-mail about his mo-growing efforts to raise money for prostate cancer research.

I blogged about his 'stache-for-cash drive, then forwarded his e-mail to one of the Journal's editors, Kerry Powell, who ended up running a few stories about the cause. Inspired by Brock, I also bugged my boyfriend/DJ David Stone and Ben Gelinas to grow their own mos.

My boyfriend raised $485 in donations, Ben collected $945, while Brock raised $2,015. And, as promised, he put together a montage of photos, documenting the growth of his 'stache. (Posted above.)

Way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment