Friday, December 11, 2009

Humbug!



My pal and sister blogger, Amanda Ash, is a Christmas fanatic. Last year, we teamed up to challenge Edmonton musicians to a cookie bake-off. (We only did the eating.) This year, AA is keeping a list of new Yuletide tunes from the likes of Fucked Up, Ohbijou, Stars, and Edmonton's Colleen Brown. Listen to them on AA's blog, The Indie Files.

I don't know why, but I tend to be a Scrooge when it comes to most Christmas tunes. (I'll only willingly listen to Bing Crosby's album, White Christmas, and Boney M's wacky carols.) However, it appears my heart is slowly increasing in size. I don't mind Fucked Up's rendition of Do They Know It's Christmas?, and I love, love, LOVE Rush Coil's goofy collection of covers "inspired by classic video game music."

Ever wonder what PacMan, Donkey Kong and Q-Bert listen to on Dec. 25? 8-bit Christmas is the answer! Listen to it -- or buy it -- here. The digital download, featuring Silent Night, Little Drummer Boy, and Joy To The World, is only four bucks. All money will be donated to Child's Play, a charity which gives video games and toys to children in hospitals across North America (and other parts of the world too).

No comments:

Post a Comment